03 | 03 | 19
You might consider THIS adventure to be THE trip of a lifetime. If you have always wanted to explore one of Patagonia's finest gems on your own two feet, than come along with us for the inaugural fast-pack of the Torres del Paines circuit! Together, we will complete both the famous O route in Patagonia's iconic National Park.
We have put together an all inclusive run/hike fast-pack adventure and sorted out all the logistics so that you can just enjoy yourself. Leave the planning and navigation to us and the food and accommodations to our partners down in Chile. Once you arrive at our meeting location in Punta Arenas, Chile, we have you covered. This exclusive running trip is for the adventurous runner who wants to experience the culture of South America and run in one of the world's most breathtaking places. If you are up for the challenge of this unforgettable trip, come along.
Note that we will only be offering this trip in 2019, so don't miss out on an unforgettable week of global traveling and remote running.
The WHAT: a fast-pack adventure (run/hike) covering approx 100miles over 5 days on the O circuit in the Torres del Paines National Park.
The WHY: you want to run and experience this park under your own power.
The WHO: this is for the intermediate to advanced runner who is excited to spend hours on the trail each day exploring. While the pace will not be fast, you do need to have some endurance to properly enjoy this. The invite is open to runners who can be flexible with daily plans (this is a remote park and we are in South America), who are up for a challenge and an adventure! Remember that coach Jen can get you ready for this epic with some months of preparation. In fact, a free 4 month training plan is provided for those who wish to ensure they are properly prepared. The training starts in November!
The HOW: fast-pack style but where your food and accommodations are provided! This means that we get to travel fairly light each day. Tasty and filling meals will be provided throughout the trip and we will stay in the luxury camps along the route. Carry only your personal necessities from camp to camp each day!
The ITINERARY: (subject to change)
Day 1: March 3rd- Travel Day from airport (Punta Arenas, Chile) to Puerto Natales (hotel in Puerto Natales)
Day 2: March 4th - Travel to Torres del Paines Park, 12miles on trail (stay at Las Torres Refuge)
Day 3: March 5th - Trail Day - 17.3 miles (stay at Dickson Refuge)
Day 4: March 6th - Trail Day - 19.2 miles (stay at Grey Refugee)
Day 5: March 7th - Trail Day - 14miles (stay at Frances Domes)
Day 6: March 8th - Trail Day - 8.6miles (stay at hotel in Puerto Natales)
Day 7: March 9th - Free day to rest or do an activity of choice (extra’s not included but we may choose to do a group run or hike, rent bikes etc! Flexibility on how you wish to spend your last day in Chile!
Day 8: Travel Day (Puerto Natales back to Punta Arenas airport)
2019 is now SOLD OUT!!!
• Group equipment
• All transportation to/from the park upon arrival at Punta Arenas
• Luxury tent accommodations within park (shared, hot showers + toilets)
• Hotels in Puerto Natales (shared twin rooms)
• Most meals while on trip (other than where specified)
• Itinerary, logistics
• Porters, Guide fees
• Travel/expenses to/from Punta Arenas
• Travel/rescue insurance
• Personal gear
• Accommodation and meals if you arrive in Punta Arenas prior to our trip dates; several meals in Puerto Natales
• Park entrance fee (Approx $30 USD)
• Tips for porters etc (discretionary)
• Must be able to run consistent 20 -30 km days in mountainous terrain
• Previous trail running experience (intermediate to advanced).
• Expect to be out on the trails for up to 8 hours a day, although this is NOT a speed adventure and we will stop often to soak in the views.
• Comfortable with alpine weather, with an understanding of proper layering