75km of remote and rugged terrain awaits you on Vancouver Island's West Coast Trail. This trail is no joke. We will be fully self supported as we run the WCT over three days. This trip is for the adventurous athlete who wants to experience some of BC’s most beautiful terrain — running along beaches and through lush rainforests.
In true fastpack style, we will travel light and steady (but with lots of stops for photos). We will explore, we will soak up West Coast sunsets, and we will fall asleep to the sound of waves crashing near us. Hikers typically embark on this trail over 5-7 days, but they are carrying a lot more gear than us! The trip is all-inclusive from our meeting location in Port Renfrew (shuttles, trail pass, commercial permit, ferry transfers, and logistics.) Our 2018 inaugural trip was a huge success, and we are excited for the 2019 edition.
For planning purposes: Day 1 will be a short day of approximately 15-20km of running to our first camp. Day 2 will be a very long and full day, but it will allow us to run miles and miles of beaches as we time our day based on the changing ocean tides. Day 3 will be the shortest in distance, but it will be challenging terrain-wise. Prepare for an early start on our last day in order to finish up the trail at the Pachena Bay trailhead and head to the Port Renfrew pub to celebrate. A detailed list of “What to Bring and How to Pack” will be sent out to help you prepare.
We rate this trip as intermediate to advanced, due to the long days on the trail. Participants should have previous ultra distance experience. Please ask us if you are unsure of your fitness and ability.
Inquire now for 2019 as spaces will fill!
• Itinerary and all logistics
• Guide fees
• National Park Permit Fees
• Transportation to trailhead from Port Renfrew
• Travel/expenses to Port Renfrew, BC
• Travel/rescue insurance (if not a BC resident)
• Personal gear
• Any meals/food during or post trip (you bring your own dehydrated meals with you!)
• Must be able to run consistent 15-20km days in mountainous terrain
• Previous trail running experience (intermediate). Ideally must have completed a +50km race previously.
• Expect to be out on the trails for 5-8 hours a day, although this is NOT a speed adventure and we will stop often to soak in the views.
• Comfortable with PNW weather, with an understanding of proper layering
What to expect:
All photography by Hilary Ann Creative