75km of remote and rugged terrain awaits you on Vancouver Island's West Coast Trail. This trail is no joke. We will be fully self supported as we run the WCT over three days. This trip is for the adventurous athlete who wants to experience some of BC’s most beautiful terrain — running along beaches and through lush rainforests.
In true fastpack style, we will travel light and steady (but with lots of stops for photos). We will explore, we will soak up West Coast sunsets, and we will fall asleep to the sound of waves crashing near us. Hikers typically embark on this trail over 5-7 days, but they are carrying a lot more gear than us! The trip is all-inclusive from our meeting location in Port Renfrew (shuttles, trail pass, commercial permit, ferry transfers, and logistics.) 2020 will be our 3rd season offering fastpacking on the West Coast Trail.
For planning purposes we have a new itinerary for 2020 to allow for travels and more trail time enjoyment! On Day 1 we meet in Port Renfrew and travel to Bamfield before embarking onto the trail later day. A short 10km run will bring us to camp for the night. Day 2 and 3 will be full days on the trail as we get the majority of the distance done while still allowing time for relaxation around the campfire at night . Day 4 will be short in distance but with challenging terrain as we make our way to Gordon River for our boat pickup off the trail. Upon completion of the trail we will make our way to the Port Renfrew pub for a celebration lunch before saying our goodbyes. You will have time to travel home, catch ferries etc. A detailed list of “What to Bring and How to Pack” will be sent out to help you prepare.
We rate this trip as intermediate to advanced, due to the long days on the trail. Participants should have previous ultra distance experience. Please ask us if you are unsure of your fitness and ability.
Inquire now for 2020 as space is limited. 6 spots available in order to provide a unique, intimate experience.
• Itinerary and all logistics
• Guide fees
• National Park Permit Fees
• Ferry transport fees on the trail
• Parking fees in Port Renfrew
• Transportation to trailhead from Port Renfrew
• NEW RunBC Swag - run hat & custom “bucketbag”
• Travel/expenses to Port Renfrew, BC
• Travel/rescue insurance (if not a BC resident)
• Personal gear
• All meals/food during trip (you bring your own dehydrated meals & snacks with you!)
• Gratuities as you wish.
• Must be able to run consistent 15-20km days in mountainous terrain with a pack
• Previous trail running experience (intermediate). Ideally must have completed a +50km race previously.
• Expect to be out on the trails for 5-8 hours a day, although this is NOT a speed adventure and we will stop often to soak in the views.
• Comfortable with PNW weather, with an understanding of proper layering
What to expect:
All photography by Hilary Ann Creative